Sunday, May 25, 2008

Orcs hate updates!




First, I'm starting to work on my own concepts for an Orc. It tough to redesign such a cliche as that creature and still have it be recognized on sight as an Orc. I suppose thats the challenge. So far I'm not super happy with the heads, but I think I'm on the right track with the body style (the two on the bottom right). The head with the giant tusks coming straight out of his jaw seems most interesting so far.

The goal for this is to design the character. Model and then texture the character. And finally rig it for animation and animate the character's different in game actions. I want to experience the entire pipeline for a character.

Update on the Beholder. I finally got around to painting him and this is the underpainting that the color will be put on top of. You can go here to see the other entries for the contest.

No comments: