Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Were-Creature: A new direction

At the behest of friends and teacher I decided to try and push this design and do something less traditional. At first it was trying out different body shapes for the Werewolf. Then I had an epiphany and decided to use the Hyena as the base creature.




Then, I started thinking about the person behind the Were-Creature. Looking up on Wikipedia about Hyena's I read about how African Tribes already have mythology about people being able to turn into Half Man, Half Hyena's. So I took that idea and went out to grab a bunch of African tribesman photos (specifically the Maasai) and began sketching them.




Next, I decided to try and work out some more body sketches for the Werehyena because I still wasn't satisfied with what I came up with before.



Finding a body I liked from there, I finally came up with this drawing. I think I've found what I was looking for.

No comments: